Did you know? …
- It’s said one hour [skating] on the ice burns 493 calories, so it’s not a bad way to ease your waistline back into shape
- Over 45,000 people came to skate at The Ice Factor last year.
- The Ice Bar & Café has a fully licensed bar.
- It takes 6 days to build the ice rink ready to skate on.
- The ten miles of pipe used in the refrigeration, if laid end to end, would take Kelly Holmes 72.30 minutes to run (based on her Olympic 400m time).
- The ice reaches temperatures of -15 degrees C, three times colder than your household freezer.