- It’s said one hour [skating] on the ice burns 493 calories, so it’s not a bad way to ease your waistline back into shape
- Over 45,000 people came to skate at The Ice Factor last year.
- The Ice Bar & Café has a fully licensed bar.
- It takes 6 days to build the ice rink ready to skate on.
- The ten miles of pipe used in the refrigeration, if laid end to end, would take Kelly Holmes 72.30 minutes to run (based on her Olympic 400m time).
- The ice reaches temperatures of -15 degrees C, three times colder than your household freezer.
- The Ice Factor at Yorkshire’s Winter Wonderland! Now closed until November 2013!
- Friday 28th Dec – Get your skates on and visit The Ice Factor
- TEN good reasons to visit The Ice Factor at Yorkshire’s Winter Wonderland!
- Weather update !
- Opening night was a great success!
- Opening night – Olympic medalists confirmed !
- The Ice Factor Nominated For The White Rose Awards
- York Tourism Awards
To ensure you hear the latest news first, register yourself FREE below and be the first to hear about The Ice Factor 2011!